John C. Lange
1986, Michigan; U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
Thomas M. Cooley Law School, J.D. Cum Laude, 1986
Oakland University, B.A., Political Science, 1982
- State Bar of Michigan
- Detroit Consumer Bankruptcy Association
- Detroit Chapter of the Federal Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Mr. Lange has practiced, almost exclusively, bankruptcy law since 1986. His practice primarily focuses on representing individual debtors and small businesses in bankruptcy proceedings. The law firm of Gold, Lange & Majoros, P.C. represents individual and business debtors and creditors in all chapters under the bankruptcy code. The firm also frequently represents Chapter 7 trustees
- Recent Lectures: American Bankruptcy Institute – Detroit Consumer Bankruptcy Conference; “Exemptions: Sorting through the Mess!”; American Bankruptcy Institute – Central States Bankruptcy Workshop; “Fitting a Square Peg Into a Round Hole – Deciding Which Case a Consumer Debtor Files”; Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants – Michigan Tax Workshop; “Debt Forgiveness, Homeowners in Default and Bankruptcy”; Institute of Continuing Legal Education – Practice Strategies for a Down Economy Series: Advising the Homeowner in Default; “Bankruptcy as an Option for Homeowners in Default”
- Awards and Honors: Recognized by the US Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Michigan, for pro bono service; Selected to the list of Michigan Super Lawyers each year since 2008.
United States Marine Corps, Platoon Leaders Class, Quantico, Virginia 1981
In re Markowitz, 190 F.3d 455 (6th Cir. 1999).